Erroneous Circular Reference Warning Appears when entering text quickly
I use Excel daily to produce spreadsheets with a wide variety of data.
I've always been fine with it but have recently noticed an error and despite having searched many forums I can't seem to find much mention of it.
I understand circular references and
why the warning might appear but I believe in this case it is appearing erroneously.
If I enter text into a cell, then press down or return to go to the next cell, and repeat this pattern, the circular reference warning appears if I do this too quickly.
If I do it slowly it does not appear.
I find that the software often takes a second or
two to move on to the next cell if I press a directional button or return anyway, so perhaps our version is particularly slow and the problem is with our server.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Apologies if this is a dumb question and I've
misunderstood what constitutes a circular reference but I understand at present that a circular reference can't exist unless I've entered a formula, and I'm not entering a formula, just text, and often other arbitrary data, which leads to the same error message.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Keys to the Problem Erroneous Circular Reference Warning Appears when entering text quickly
Download Error Fixer (Free)
give this a try: Run Excel in safe mode.
Press Ctrl while starting Excel.
If the erroneous message doesn't appear any more at this Exel session an add-in should be the bug.
In this case deactivate all add-ins and activate one per Excel session until you
know to which add-in the erroneous message belongs.
If this post answers your question, please mark it for all readers as the Answer.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Erroneous Circular Reference Warning Appears when entering text quickly
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Erroneous Circular Reference Warning Appears when entering text quickly:
How to Fix Erroneous Circular Reference Warning Appears when entering text quickly with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Download SONY SVE1512H1RB Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad driver
,Method to Download SONY VGC-LT10E SigmaTel Audio Driver Update v.6.10.5614.0
,Way to Download SONY VGN-CS118E/R AV Mode Button Utility v.1.1.01.09140 driver
,Method to Download SONY VGN-FW375J/B Alps Pointing Device Driver v.126.96.36.199
,Where to Download SONY VGN-NS270J/S Pioneer BD-ROM BDC-TD01 Firmware Update v.1.03
,Data Export From Quickbooks To Excel
,Date Format In Formula Bar And In The Cell Is Not The Same
,Deleted The Snipping Tool
,Desktop - Open Program Issues
,Desktop Windows Manager Keeps Poping Up & It Reads That There Is A Problem & That Windows Will Check It Out & Send Me An Answer .
Read More: eMusic Will Not Go Away! Tech Support
,Troubleshooting entering a converted amount in a column
,Troubleshooting Empty Temp and Internet Temp folders
,Troubleshoot Envelopes Labels Options Error
,Empty Device List in the Device Manager in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Solved
,does anyone know what the dialog means "System.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception windows is checking for a solution?
,Does Log Me In Ignition for my Android with Windows 7 Home Premium?
,Download failure for my Blackberry and the process stops during the install
,Display settings keep changing when I come back from sleep mode
,Downloaded files are not saved